Reports to: Executive Director
Classifications: Non-exempt, part-time, At Will
Deadline to apply: Open until filled
Ideal start date: March 18, 2019
About Prospera: Prospera believes that when women have ownership of our economies, entire communities thrive. We envision an ecosystem of Latina-owned cooperatives, where business-owners are community leaders that care about the wellbeing of our communities. Those leaders transform communities and local economies, and contribute to the wellbeing of all of our communities. Prospera offers educational, entrepreneurship and leadership development programs that respond to the unique challenges and the immense resourcefulness that Latina immigrant women bring. We use a popular education approach because we believe Latina women own powerful experiences that make them strong entrepreneurs and natural promoters of social change. Through our culturally specific programs and Prospera’s extensive network of partners, Latina entrepreneurs access the networks, the tools and the financial resources they need to launch, grow, and become successful owners of cooperative enterprises. The women we partner with are Latina entrepreneurs committed to opening paths to prosperity and wellbeing for themselves, their families and the broader community.
Position Summary: The Operations Coordinator handles daily nonprofit operations at Prospera to ensure the organization’s efficient and effective operations. The ideal candidate is a passionate, hands-on, bilingual (English/Spanish), and culturally competent team player and solutions-oriented problem solver. This position will be responsible for anchoring the team with robust management of infrastructure, accounts payable processing and administrative support.
Infrastructure and Risk Management
- Manages and maintains office equipment, furniture, office supplies and coordination with building management and vendors
- Organizes and develops the team’s physical and virtual work space
- Coordinates IT support, performing troubleshooting where possible and researching and hiring new consultants and IT solutions as needed
- Administers and makes recommendations for all technology, including GoogleApps, calendars, database and cloud-based accounts
- Implements and refines solutions for partially remote team
- Provides training of technology platforms and systems
- Manages vendors and analyzes contracts to maximize cost-savings
- Leads office orientation for new staff, fellows, interns, and volunteers developing and maintaining current documentation of business procedures
Administrative & Program Support
- Assists program team with training and event logistics
- Supports with grants and donor management tasks
- Supports staff and board with events, meetings and travel coordination
- Assists executive team with miscellaneous tasks as assigned
Bookkeeping and Finance
- Manages accounts payable using Bill.com, in coordination with accounting consultant and executive team
- Logs and secures incoming checks; delivers deposits to bank
- Scans and files financial records, including grant award letters; coordinates accounting records retention in accordance with organizational finance policies
- Coordinates staff reporting of credit card expenses
- Assists with banking functions, budgeting and tax forms as needed
- Assists executive team with budget management and reporting for board of directors and grants.
- Coordinates annual benefits renewals
- Processes all benefits paperwork for staff
- Supports with recruitment efforts and onboarding for new staff and interns
Organizational values and core competencies
● Community Wellness
● Cooperation & partnership
● Innovation & entrepreneurship
● Leadership & social justice
- Minimum three years relevant operations experience required
- At least one year’s basic bookkeeping experience required; three years’ bookkeeping experience preferred
- Demonstrated interest/experience in working with immigrant communities, micro-enterprise development and women’s empowerment
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, bilingual Spanish/English verbal and written communication skills, English-speaking and writing proficiency required
- Professionalism, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to take initiative and proactively manage multiple sometimes competing tasks and projects while satisfactorily meeting deadlines and desired outcomes
- Committed to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Solution-focused: able to analyze administrative, financial, and technical problems and recommend effective solutions
- Extremely flexible, with a strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit to accommodate high level of responsibility and multiple priorities
- Extensive experience with Excel, Box , GoogleApps, Adobe and Bill.com
- Preferred experience with WePay, Classy, SF and WordPress
Compensation: This is a Coordinator level position with a salary range of $38,000 – $54,000 FTE equivalent. Compensation at Prospera is set based on experience, seniority in the organization and Prospera’s budget limitations. We offer a dynamic team environment + opportunities for professional development and advancement.
Application Process: Please send a thoughtful cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than February 19, 2019. In the subject line write the name of the position you are applying for and your last name: e.g. “Operations Coordinator_Last Name”. No phone calls please.
Note to applicants: For full consideration, please follow the application process listed in the job description. Unfortunately, we are not able to respond to individual inquiries on the status of your application. You will receive an auto-reply message letting you know that we received your application, and the appropriate hiring manager will contact you if we wish to pursue your candidacy.
Prospera is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks to recruit a diverse workforce.