ABOUT THE SUMMIT
The focus of the Prospera’s Summit for Latina Entrepreneur is to connect Latina entrepreneurs from across the Bay Area to each other and to leaders in the women's economic empowerment space. Participants will connect, learn and get inspired to advance their leadership as entrepreneurs, and build connections that impact their business and the community.
Last year, we inaugurated our first Summit thanks to support from Gemi González López, General Consul of the Mexican Consulate of San Francisco. This year we are excited to be partnering with City of Oakland, Office of Mayor Libby Schaaf.
Highlights from last year’s event include:
- More than 50 Latina entrepreneurs and 15 professional collaborators attended the event
- Opening message by Gemi Jose Gonzalez Lopez, General Consul of the Mexican Consulate
- Virtual message from renowned author Isabel Allende
- Interactive networking space and Latina entrepreneurs panel
- Closing ceremony with a "Son Jarocho" featuring traditional dance and music from Veracruz, Mexico
"I have lived in the U.S. for almost 20 years and this is the first time that I participate in an event with Latina entrepreneurs. It gave me so much joy to see the humanity and warmth of our culture. That’s what makes cooperatives led by Latinas not just economically sustainable but also include the human factor as the key to the success of the business.” Mayerling Castillo, Participant First Prospera's Summit for Latina Entrepreneurs.
More details coming soon...
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS
BECOME A SUMMIT SPONSOR
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor of Prospera’s Second Summit for Latina Entrepreneurs, please contact us to explore the best way to collaborate.
Information about our sponsor's package here.
For more information about the Summit:
Claudia Arroyo - Community Education Director
For sponsorship support:
Maite Gascó - Marketing and Development Coordinator