Entrepreneur Success Coordinator
Reports to: Program Success Manager
Classifications: Full-time, Exempt, Regular, At Will
Deadline to apply: October, 3th, 2022
About Prospera: Prospera is a cooperative business incubator led by and for Latina
Immigrant entrepreneurs. Through our culturally based programs, Latinas come
together to access the networks, the tools and the capital they need to become
successful business owners and powerful community leaders. We are building a future
where all Latinas have the leadership skills and community of support that allows us to
create our own fulfilling work and become change makers. Together, we will transform
local economies and build resilient communities.
Position Summary: The Entrepreneur Success Coordinator is a passionate, hands-on,
bilingual (Spanish/English), and culturally competent team player with outreach and
business development expertise. In close collaboration with programs staff, this position
is responsible for coordinating all aspects of Prospera’s core programs and supporting
participant advancement, from recruitment to community engagement to training to
business launch, incubation and growth. The ideal candidate is flexible – able to work
weekends and evenings to be responsive to our clients’ schedules – and demonstrates
high capacity for self-management as well as team collaboration. The ideal candidate
also has a basic understanding of cooperative principles and is willing to engage in
professional development to advance skills and competency in this field. This position
offers ample opportunity for leadership and advancement.
● Coordinates recruitment and onboarding of new program participants.
● Manages tracking, evaluation and referral systems to support participants
throughout the entire program cycle. This involves conducting needs
assessments, tracking progress of projects, and ensuring ongoing
communication with entrepreneurs.
● Collaborates with the Community Education team to deliver educational
programs and events, webinars and conferences as needed.
● Collaborates with the programs team to improve current programs and design
new initiatives such as a cooperative developer fellowship program, an
investment fund and other initiatives.
● Ensures entrepreneurs receive the technical assistance they need to advance
their business through direct TA and referrals to key partners.
● Collaborates with the Fundraising Team to provide content for grants, individual
donor appeals, newsletter and social media.
● Participates actively in fundraising and organizational development activities
such as staff and board retreats, strategic planning and fundraising.
● Cultural and linguistic competence, as well as empathy and experience working
with immigrant and/or other excluded communities.
● Ability to hold multiple perspectives and work successfully across differences.
● Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in a related field, preferably in
small business administration, entrepreneurship or cooperative development.
Direct experience as an entrepreneur/business owner and/or worker owner of a
cooperative is a plus.
● Project management experience. Nonprofit experience is a plus.
● Highly organized, collaborative, adaptive, and consistent learner of new skills and
● Proficiency using spreadsheets and Google Suite (basic level with desire to learn
● Spanish proficiency is required.
Employment & Benefit Details
Compensation: Starting at 52K commensurate with experience
- 4.5 day work week.
- M-TH 9-5 and F 9-1 when not working remotely. Some nights and weekends
● Location: Currently we are working remotely due to the Covid-19 pandemic with
occasional in person work sessions (we continue to monitor the Covid 19 situation
and this role will be expected to come in to the office in Oakland when it is safe to do
● Time Off: 4 weeks paid vacation a year + 9 holidays + 10 Mental Health
Days, 5-long weekends, 1 weeks of collective vacation in the summer and
1 collective week of vacation in December
● Sick Time: One day per month
● Health Insurance: We offer health insurance paid at 100% for staff
● Family Leave: According to law.
Application Process: Please fill out this Application Form by September 19, 2022. We
will be conducting interviews starting September 26th, 2022 and with a start date in late
October, early November 2022. No phone calls please.
More Information About Prospera
Our Mission: Prospera partners with Latina entrepreneurs to launch businesses that
foster cooperation, economic independence and well-being in immigrant communities.
Through our culturally-based programs, Latinas access the networks, tools and capital
they need to become successful business owners and powerful community leaders.
Our Vision: We envision a vibrant ecosystem of Latina-owned businesses
cooperating to transform communities and local economies and building prosperity for
the benefit of all.
Our Values: Prospera is committed to applying and upholding the following values
and principles in everything we do
● Cooperation: We reclaim our cooperative roots, find meaningful
connections with other immigrant women and build partnerships
for greater impact.
● Resilience: The challenges we face as immigrant women become our
greatest source of strength. We cultivate leadership at all levels,
using a strengths-based approach to tap the depth and richness of
cultural and community knowledge.
● Holistic wellbeing: We recognize the woman as a whole in all her roles,
stages and needs as well as her connection with her community. We
support women to create businesses that bring balance and contribute
to the wellbeing of all.
● Innovation: We take tools from traditional business incubator
programs, infuse them with culture and love and make them
accessible for Latina immigrants. We begin to see the possibilities,
open doors for each other and dream bigger!
● Collective power: Together, we feel safer and more confident to take
risks, flex our leadership and see ourselves as catalysts for community
Prospera is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks to recruit a diverse