Job Description: Finance and Operations Coordinator Part Time
Reports to: Director of Finance and Operations
Classifications: Part-time (50% FTE), Non-exempt, General, At Will
Prospera is a cooperative leadership and entrepreneurship organization that is led by and for Latina immigrant women. We are building a future where all Latinas have the leadership skills and community of support we need to create our own fulfilling work and become change makers.
Under supervision of the Finance and Operations Director, the Finance and Operations coordinator provides general support and handles day-to-day operations to ensure the organization’s efficient operations and long-term success.
Who are we looking for
Prospera is known for its creativity, innovation, and bold vision for holistic, values based leadership and entrepreneurship programs for Latina immigrant women.
The person in this position must be a passionate, hands-on, bilingual (Spanish/English), a great multitasker, excellent attention to detail, good time management and culturally competent team player and solutions-oriented problem solver committed to working with immigrant communities and helping to fulfill Prospera’s mission.
Financial and Administrative
- Provide direct administrative support to the Finance and Operations Director and the Executive Director.
- Manage and coordinate meetings for executive director in person and via zoom, including travel arrangements and keeps her calendar updated
- Perform light bookkeeping tasks using QuickBooks
- Support F&OD with accounts payable using Bill.com
- Assists with banking functions, budgeting and tax forms as needed
- Maintain common Google calendar, e-mail, adding users as necessary and putting in key organizational events, etc.
- Maintain and develop administrative manuals, forms and protocols
- Distribute incoming mail, and process incoming checks and grants for deposit
- Update cloud filing systems and support all staff in using the filing system
- General office duties include: mailings, monitoring and ordering supplies, inventory, filing, copying, scanning, etc.
- Administrative support to all staff as needed
- Assist with the recruitment of volunteers
- Work on ad-hoc projects as requested
- Assist the Finance and Operations Director to maintain and update office systems as needed including cell phones, computers, cloud and other applications.
- Coordinate with computer consultants to troubleshoot technical problems for staff as needed and help staff troubleshoot for themselves.
Required Qualifications, Qualities, Skills & Experience
- 1-2 years’ relevant experience preferred
- Demonstrated interest/experience in working with immigrant communities, micro-enterprise development and women’s empowerment
- At least one year of basic bookkeeping experience required; three years nonprofit bookkeeping experience preferred
- Experience using the QuickBooksOnline would be a significant plus
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual English/Spanish-speaking proficiency required
- Ability to work independently, remotely, and as part of a team
- Ability to take initiative and proactively manage multiple sometimes unexpected and competing tasks and projects while satisfactorily meeting deadlines and desired outcomes
- Ability to establish productive, cooperative relationships across the organization, respond to others’ needs and priorities in a timely way, resolve conflicts constructively, give and receive feedback in ways that enhance working relationships
- Extremely flexible, with a strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit to accommodate high level of responsibility and multiple priorities
- Tech savvy individuals on both PC/Mac and competency in G-Suite applications including Google calendar, docs, sheets, and slides, online project management tools, and a handful of other software platforms for our financial operations and internal communications
- Professionalism, creativity and a collaborative spirit
- Punctual, reliable, accountable
Employment & Benefit Details
● Compensation: Starting at 30K @0.5 FTE commensurate with experience
● Hours: Schedule to be agreed upon but FTE work hours are M-F 9-5 when not working remotely. Some nights and weekends
● Location: Currently we are working remotely due to the Covid-19 pandemic with occasional in person work sessions (we continue to monitor the Covid 19 situation and this role will be expected to come in to the office in Oakland when it is safe to do so)
● Time Off: Commensurate with 100% FTE Prospera offers: 4 weeks paid vacation a year + 9 holidays + 10 Mental Health Days, 5-long weekends, 1 weeks of collective vacation in the summer and 1 collective week of vacation in December and one sick day per month.
● Health Insurance: We offer health insurance paid at 100% for FTE staff and the opportunity for a flexible spending account.
● Family Leave: According to law
Application Process: Please fill out our Application Form by 11:59pm PST March 25th, 2022. We will be conducting interviews during the last week of March, and first week of April 2022 and with a start date in April/May 2022.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the SUBJECT: Finance and Operations Coordinator Part Time
More Information about Prospera
Our Mission: Prospera partners with Latina entrepreneurs to launch businesses that foster cooperation, economic independence and well-being in immigrant communities. Through our culturally-based programs, Latinas access the networks, tools and capital they need to become successful business owners and powerful community leaders.
Our Vision: We envision a vibrant ecosystem of Latina-owned businesses cooperating to transform communities and local economies and building prosperity for the benefit of all.
Our Values: Prospera is committed to applying and upholding the following values and principles in everything we do
● Cooperation: We reclaim our cooperative roots, find meaningful connections with other immigrant women and build partnerships for greater impact.
● Resilience: The challenges we face as immigrant women become our greatest source of strength. We cultivate leadership at all levels, using a strengths-based approach to tap the depth and richness of cultural and community knowledge.
● Holistic wellbeing: We recognize the woman as a whole in all her roles, stages and needs as well as her connection with her community. We support women to create businesses that bring balance and contribute to the wellbeing of all.
● Innovation: We take tools from traditional business incubator programs, infuse them with culture and love and make them accessible for Latina immigrants. We begin to see the possibilities, open doors for each other and dream bigger!
● Collective power: Together, we feel safer and more confident to take risks, flex our leadership and see ourselves as catalysts for community transformation.
Prospera is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks to recruit a diverse workforce
We can’t wait to read your application!