Job Description: Program Manager
Reports to: Director of Programs and Strategic Partnerships
Classifications: Full-time, Exempt, Regular, At Will
Prospera is a cooperative leadership and entrepreneurship organization that is led by and for Latina immigrant women. We are building a future where all Latinas have the leadership skills and community of support we need to create our own fulfilling work and become change makers.
Prospera is excited to add a new Program Manager that will partner with our Director of Programs and Strategic Partnerships and Program Team to ensure our programs run smoothly and seamlessly.
We expect that this person’s roles will break down approximately as follows: 40% will be spent on Program Operations, 30% will be dedicated to Direct Service, 20% Data Collection, Planning and Project Management, 10% Other duties.
Who are we looking for
Prospera is known for its creativity, innovation, and bold vision for holistic, values based leadership and entrepreneurship programs for Latina immigrant women. We are looking for a passion in developing culturally based entrepreneurship programs specifically for Latina women. We are looking for a team player who can roll up their sleeves to make things happen. Someone who shares Prospera’s cooperative values and is excited to innovate and grow with us.
- Oversee the development and improvement of operational infrastructure systems, and process that ensure effective programming and support our overall programming
- Manage Programs and Services, including but not limited to core programs, technical assistance, consulting, and coaching
- Manage Community Outreach and Engagement, and work closely with communications team to develop programmatic marketing and outreach materials
- Provide 1:1 and small group coaching to program participants in business development, financial literacy and access to capital
- Provide supervision and mentorship to Entrepreneur Success Coordinator and Cooperative Development Specialist
- Support Entrepreneur Success Coordinator and Cooperative Development Specialist with tracking, evaluation and referral systems
- Maintain close referral relationships with Resource Partners including but not limited to technical assistance providers, CDFI’s, Community Based organizations
- Support Director with Power of a Dream initiatives (Fellowship, Latina Entrepreneur Resiliency Fund, Revolving Loan Fund, and Health and Wellness fund)
- In collaboration with our Monitoring, Learning, and Evaluation Manager document programs process flows from initial touch point to ongoing touchpoints
- In collaboration with Monitoring, Learning, and Evaluation Manager and Programs Team makes recommendations for new initiatives and growth opportunities
- Lead documentation of programmatic policies and procedures
- Participate actively in organizational development activities such as staff and board retreats, strategic planning and fundraising
- Support new organizational initiatives as needed
Required Qualifications, Qualities, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree; advanced degree(s) welcome but not required
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Non-Profit Management
- Program design and evaluation experience
- Highly communicative, collaborative and flexible
- Ability to work independently, remotely, and as part of a team.
- Experience providing supervision and mentorship to others
- Willingness to learn about, and co-create an alternative leadership model that is aligned with our cooperative values.
- Competency to engage, work with and manage partnerships with a wide range of stakeholders including Latina immigrant entrepreneurs, resource partners
- Strong internal drive and problem solving skills to move programs and projects toward expected outcomes.
- Strong time, organizational, and task management skills with the ability to set & meet deadlines.
- Competency in GSuite applications including Google calendar, docs, sheets, and slides, online project management tools, and a handful of other software platforms for our financial operations and internal communications.
Employment & Benefit Details
- Compensation: Starting at 68K commensurate with experience
- Hours: M-F 9-5 when not working remotely. Some nights and weekends
- Location: Currently we are working remotely due to the Covid-19 pandemic with occasional in person work sessions (we continue to monitor the Covid 19 situation and this role will be expected to come in to the office in Oakland when it is safe to do so)
- Time Off: 4 weeks paid vacation a year + 9 holidays + 10 Mental Health Days, 5-long weekends, 1 weeks of collective vacation in the summer and 1 collective week of vacation in December
- Sick Time: One day per month
- Health Insurance: We offer health insurance paid at 100% for staff and the opportunity for a flexible spending account.
- Family Leave: According to law.
- Important information: During the current coronavirus pandemic, Prospera is adhering to health and safety social distance protocols; This role is currently remote. As protocols are adjusted and the pandemic evolves, this position will be primarily based in the Bay Area. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.
Application Process: Please fill out our Application Form. Notes: Position in open until filled. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Questions? Please email email@example.com with the SUBJECT: Program Manager
More Information About Prospera
Our Mission: Prospera partners with Latina entrepreneurs to launch businesses that foster cooperation, economic independence and well-being in immigrant communities. Through our culturally-based programs, Latinas access the networks, tools and capital they need to become successful business owners and powerful community leaders.
Our Vision: We envision a vibrant ecosystem of Latina-owned businesses cooperating to transform communities and local economies and building prosperity for the benefit of all.
Our Values: Prospera is committed to applying and upholding the following values and principles in everything we do
- Cooperation: We reclaim our cooperative roots, find meaningful connections with other immigrant women and build partnerships for greater impact.
- Resilience: The challenges we face as immigrant women become our greatest source of strength. We cultivate leadership at all levels, using a strengths-based approach to tap the depth and richness of cultural and community knowledge.
- Holistic wellbeing: We recognize the woman as a whole in all her roles, stages and needs as well as her connection with her community. We support women to create businesses that bring balance and contribute to the wellbeing of all.
- Innovation: We take tools from traditional business incubator programs, infuse them with culture and love and make them accessible for Latina immigrants. We begin to see the possibilities, open doors for each other and dream bigger!
- Collective power: Together, we feel safer and more confident to take risks, flex our leadership and see ourselves as catalysts for community transformation.
Prospera is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks to recruit a diverse workforce
We can’t wait to read your application!