Reports to: Program Success Manager
Classifications: Full-time,Temporary, Non-Exempt, At Will
Deadline to apply: Oct. 27, 2023
About Prospera: Prospera partners with Latina entrepreneurs to launch businesses and coops that foster cooperation, economic independence and well-being in immigrant communities. Through our culturally-based programs, Latinas access the networks, tools and capital they need to become successful business owners and powerful community leaders. We are building a future where all Latinas have the leadership skills and community of support that allows us to create our own fulfilling work and become change makers. Together, we will transform local economies and build resilient communities.
Position Summary: The Entrepreneur Success Coordinator is a passionate, hands-on, bilingual (Spanish/English), and culturally competent team player with outreach and business development expertise. In close collaboration with programs staff, this position is responsible for coordinating all aspects of Prospera’s core programs and supporting participant advancement, from recruitment to community engagement to training to business launch, incubation and growth. The ideal candidate is flexible – able to work weekends and evenings to be responsive to our clients’ schedules – and demonstrates high capacity for self-management as well as team collaboration. The ideal candidate also has a basic understanding of cooperative principles and is willing to engage in professional development to advance skills and competency in this field. This position offers ample opportunity for leadership and advancement.
- Coordinates the logistics of planning, delivery and closure of programs, workshops and events.
- Coordinates tracking, evaluation and referral systems to support participants throughout the entire program cycle. This involves conducting needs assessments, tracking progress of projects, and ensuring ongoing communication with entrepreneurs.
- Collaborates with the Community Education team to deliver educational programs and events, webinars and conferences as needed.
- Collaborates with the Programs team to improve current programs.
- Collaborates with the Fundraising Team to provide content for grants, individual donor appeals, newsletter and social media.
- Coordinates recruitment and onboarding of new program participants.
- Represents Prospera at in-person and online events when relevant and appropriate.
- Collaborates with the Communications team developing and implementing outreach strategies of program participants.
Community Building and 1:1 Technical Assistance
- Ensures entrepreneurs receive the technical assistance they need to advance their business through direct 1:1 TA support and referrals to key partners.
- Engages in online and in-person communication with Prospera’s community of entrepreneurs. This includes sharing the responsibility of managing WhatsApp groups.
- Participates actively in fundraising and organizational development activities such as staff and board retreats, strategic planning and fundraising.
- Attends staff meetings, retreats, and events and carries out general administrative duties.
- Cultural and linguistic competence, as well as empathy and experience working with immigrant and/or other excluded communities.
- Ability to hold multiple perspectives and work successfully across differences.
- Proven experience in community organization.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in a related field, preferably in small business administration, entrepreneurship or cooperative development.
- Direct experience as an entrepreneur/business owner and/or worker owner of a cooperative is a plus.
- Project management experience. Nonprofit experience is a plus.
- Highly organized, collaborative, adaptive, and consistent learner of new skills and perspectives.
- Proficiency using spreadsheets and Google Suite (basic level with desire to learn is okay.)
- Spanish proficiency is required.
Employment & Benefit Details
Compensation: Starting at $52K or $ 27.77 Hourly commensurate with experience
● Hours: Work schedule will adjust to the needs of the organization and the activities of the position. Working hours will be determined by the supervisor. Prospera’s official office hours are M-TH 9-5:30 pm and F 9-1pm when not working remotely.
● Location: Currently we are working remotely due to the Covid-19 pandemic with occasional in person work sessions (we continue to monitor the Covid 19 situation and this role will be expected to come into the office in Oakland when it is safe to do so). Prospera has varios in person program events throughout the year as well as once a month in person staff meetings in Oakland.
● Time Off: 4 weeks paid vacation a year + 9 holidays + 10 Mental Health Days (after 3 months), 5-long weekends, 1 weeks of collective vacation in the summer and 1 collective week of vacation in December
● Sick Time: One day per month
● Health Insurance: We offer health insurance paid at 100% for staff
● Family Leave: According to law.
Application Process: Please fill out this Application Form by October 27, 2023. We will be conducting interviews starting October 30, 2023 with a start date in early December 2023. No phone calls please.
More Information About Prospera
Our Mission: Prospera partners with Latina entrepreneurs to launch businesses and coops that foster cooperation, economic independence and well-being in immigrant communities. Through our culturally-based programs, Latinas access the networks, tools and capital they need to become successful business owners and powerful community leaders.
Our Vision: We envision a vibrant ecosystem of Latina-owned businesses cooperating to transform communities and local economies and building prosperity for the benefit of all.
Our Values: Prospera is committed to applying and upholding the following values and principles in everything we do
● Cooperation: We reclaim our cooperative roots, find meaningful connections with other immigrant women and build partnerships for greater impact.
● Resilience: The challenges we face as immigrant women become our greatest source of strength. We cultivate leadership at all levels, using a strengths-based approach to tap the depth and richness of cultural and community knowledge.
● Holistic wellbeing: We recognize the woman as a whole in all her roles, stages and needs as well as her connection with her community. We support women to create businesses that bring balance and contribute to the wellbeing of all.
● Innovation: We take tools from traditional business incubator programs, infuse them with culture and love and make them accessible for Latina immigrants. We begin to see the possibilities, open doors for each other and dream bigger!
● Collective power: Together, we feel safer and more confident to take risks, flex our leadership and see ourselves as catalysts for community transformation.
Prospera is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks to recruit a diverse workforce