Entrepreneur Success Coordinator Bilingual
Reports to: Co-executive Director
Classifications: Full-time, Non-Exempt, Regular, At Will
Deadline to apply: Dec 2nd, 2019
About Prospera: Prospera is a cooperative business incubator led by and for Latina Immigrant entrepreneurs. Through our culturally based programs, Latinas come together to access the networks, the tools and the capital they need to become successful business owners and powerful community leaders. We are building a future where all Latinas have the leadership skills and community of support that allows us to create our own fulfilling work and become change makers. Together, we will transform local economies and build resilient communities.
Position Summary: The Entrepreneur Success Coordinator Bilingual is responsible for all aspects of Prospera’s core programs ensuring client advancement from recruitment to community engagement to training to business launch, incubation and growth. The ideal candidate is a passionate, hands-on, bilingual (Spanish/English), and culturally competent team player with outreach and business development expertise. They are flexible – able to work weekends and evenings to be responsive to our clients’ schedules – and demonstrates high capacity for self-management as well as team collaboration. The ideal candidate has a basic understanding of cooperative principles and is willing to invest in professional development to advance skills and competency in this field. This position offers ample opportunity for leadership and advancement.
- Coordinates recruitment and onboarding of new program participants.
- Manages tracking, evaluation and referral systems to support participants throughout the entire program cycle. This involves, conducting needs assessments, tracking progress of projects, and ensuring ongoing communication with entrepreneurs.
- Ensures entrepreneurs receive the technical assistance they need to advance their business through direct TA and referrals to key partners.
- Collaborates with the Community Education team to deliver educational programs and events, webinars and conferences as needed.
- Collaborates with the program design team to improve current programs and design new initiatives such as a cooperative developer fellowship program, an investment fund and other initiatives.
- Collaborates with Fundraising Team to provide content for grants, individual donor appeals, newsletter and social media.
- Participates actively in fundraising and organizational development activities such as staff and board retreats, strategic planning and fundraising.
Organizational values and core competencies
- Healthy communities: We believe in the inherent power within every Latina and her fundamental right to be healthy and whole. Our organization is by and for the women and families who are Prospera.
- Safe Space: Prospera welcomes all into a safe, culturally-relevant and inclusive space, creating a community that models the world we want to live in.
- Cooperation: Together, si se puede. Prospera values and nurtures collaboration and cooperation at all levels to deepen our impact.
- Innovation: We are bold and creative as we find new innovative solutions that help our community not just survive, but thrive.
- Leadership: All of us are leaders. We use a strengths-based approach to tap the depth and richness of cultural and community knowledge towards building strong, Latina-led economies and communities. Community Wellness
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in a related field, preferably in small business administration, entrepreneurship and cooperative development. Direct experience as an entrepreneur/business owner and/or worker owner of a coop a plus.
- At least 2 years of project management experience.
- Demonstrated success in supporting business development and entrepreneurship in underserved communities.
- Cultural and linguistic competence. Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Ability to take initiative and proactively manage multiple, sometimes competing tasks and projects while meeting deadlines and desired outcomes.
- Cooperative experience is highly valued.
- Highly collaborative and flexible with capacity for self-management as well as teamwork.
- Proficiency with Salesforce, Box, WordPress, Social Media platforms and Google Apps preferred.
Compensation: Compensation at Prospera is set based on experience, seniority in the organization and Prospera’s budget limitations. We offer a comprehensive benefits package and a dynamic team environment + opportunities for professional development and advancement.
Application Process: Please send a thoughtful cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than December 2nd, 2019. In the subject line write the name of the position you are applying for and your last name: e.g. “Entrepreneur Client Success Coordinator”. No phone calls please.
Prospera is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks to recruit a diverse workforce.