Reports to: HR, Finance and Operations Director
Classifications: Full Time, Non-exempt, General, At Will
Deadline to apply: Feb 4, 2024
About Prospera: Prospera partners with Latina entrepreneurs to launch businesses and coops that foster cooperation, economic independence, and well-being in immigrant communities. Through our culturally based programs, Latinas access the networks, tools, and capital they need to become successful business owners and powerful community leaders. We are building a future where all Latinas have the leadership skills and community of support that allows us to create our own fulfilling work and become change makers. Together, we will transform local economies and build resilient communities.
The Operations and HR Coordinator works under the supervision of the HR, Finance and Operations Director, providing general support and handling day-to-day operations to ensure the organization’s efficient operations and long-term success.
Who are we looking for
Prospera is known for its creativity, innovation, and bold vision for holistic, values-based leadership and entrepreneurship programs for Latina immigrant women. The person in this position must be passionate, hands-on, bilingual (Spanish/English), a great multitasker, have excellent attention to detail, good time management, a culturally competent team player, and a solutions-oriented problem solver committed to working with immigrant communities and helping to fulfill Prospera’s mission.
- Maintain Google common calendar for organizational events and Google Suite administrative tasks.
- Maintain and develop operation and administrative manuals, forms, and protocols
- Process incoming mail and deposit checks in the bank
- Update cloud filing systems and support all staff in using the filing system
- General office duties include: monitoring and ordering supplies, organizing inventory and filing, copying, scanning, etc.
- Event logistics support (venue, catering, insurance, set-up, etc) to all areas of the organization.
- Elaborate, obtain signatures, and file, contractors’ and providers’ contracts and payment-related documents.
- Administrative support to all staff as needed
- Support the F&O Director to maintain the organization in compliance with Federal, State, and Local entities
- Be a back-up support to perform light bookkeeping tasks using QuickBooks when needed
- Provides administrative support during Audits/Financial Reviews
Human Resources Support
● Assist with staff on-boarding, off-boarding, and other HR staff-related requests.
● Assist with the administration of the health plans, including enrollments, changes, and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
● Assists with the preparation of the performance review process.
● Support with the design and tracking of professional development plans
● Assist with the recruitment of volunteers
● Work on ad-hoc projects as requested
● Assist the Finance and Operations Director to maintain and update office systems
as needed including cell phones, computers, cloud, software, and other applications.
● Coordinate with computer consultants to troubleshoot technical problems for staff as needed and help staff troubleshoot for themselves.
● Support the entire organization to ensure computer equipment is up to date and has all necessary software and applications.
Required Qualifications, Qualities, Skills & Experience
● 1-2 years relevant experience required
● Demonstrated interest/experience in working with immigrant communities, micro-enterprise development and women’s empowerment
● Working understanding of human resource principles, practices, and procedures.
● Experience using the QuickBooksOnline would be a significant plus
● Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
● Bilingual English/Spanish-speaking proficiency required
● Ability to work independently, remotely, and as part of a team
● Ability to take initiative and proactively manage multiple sometimes unexpected and competing tasks and projects while satisfactorily meeting deadlines and desired outcomes
● Ability to establish productive, cooperative relationships across the organization, respond to others’ needs and priorities in a timely way, resolve conflicts constructively, give and receive feedback in ways that enhance working relationships
● Extremely flexible, with a strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit to accommodate a high level of responsibility and multiple priorities
● Tech-savvy individuals on both PC/Mac and competency in G-Suite applications including Google calendar, docs, sheets, and slides, online project management tools, and a handful of other software platforms for our financial operations and internal communications
● Demonstrated attention to detail
● Professionalism, creativity, and a collaborative spirit
● Punctual, reliable, accountable
Employment & Benefit Details
● Compensation: Starting at 58K FTE commensurate with experience
● Hours: Schedule to be agreed upon but FTE work hours are M-F 9-5:30 and Fridays 9-1:00 when not working remotely. Some nights and weekends might be needed to work.
● Location: Currently we are working remotely with monthly in-person staff meetings in Oakland. Additionally, Prospera has various in-person program events throughout the year that this role might be expected to attend
● Time Off: Commensurate with 100% FTE Prospera offers: 4 weeks paid vacation a year + 9 holidays + 10 Mental Health Days, 4 long weekends, 1 week of collective vacation in the summer, and 1 collective week of vacation in the winter and one sick day per month.
● Health Insurance: We offer health insurance paid at 100% for FTE staff and the opportunity for a flexible spending account.
● Family Leave: According to law
Application Process: Please fill out our Application Form by 11:59pm PST on February 04, 2024. We will be conducting interviews during the second and third weeks of February with a start date of late March or early April 2024.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the SUBJECT: HR and Operations Coordinator
More Information about Prospera
Our Mission: Prospera partners with Latina entrepreneurs to launch businesses that foster cooperation, economic independence and well-being in immigrant communities. Through our culturally-based programs, Latinas access the networks, tools and capital they need to become successful business owners and powerful community leaders.
Our Vision: We envision a vibrant ecosystem of Latina-owned businesses cooperating to transform communities and local economies and building prosperity for the benefit of all.
Our Values: Prospera is committed to applying and upholding the following values and principles in everything we do.
● Cooperation: We reclaim our cooperative roots, find meaningful connections with other immigrant women and build partnerships for greater impact.
● Resilience: The challenges we face as immigrant women become our greatest source of strength. We cultivate leadership at all levels, using a strengths-based approach to tap the depth and richness of cultural and community knowledge.
● Holistic wellbeing: We recognize the woman as a whole in all her roles, stages, needs, and connection with her community. We support women to create businesses that bring balance and contribute to the wellbeing of all.
● Innovation: We take tools from traditional business incubator programs, infuse them with culture and love and make them accessible for Latina immigrants. We begin to see the possibilities, open doors for each other and dream bigger!
● Collective power: Together, we feel safer and more confident to take risks, flex our leadership and see ourselves as catalysts for community transformation.
Prospera is an equal-opportunity employer and actively seeks to recruit a diverse workforce.
We can’t wait to read your application!
Apply here: https://forms.gle/3Zh2TPMfCiphCF4E9